The Humphrey Program brings young and mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts and to get involved in the 2021/22 Hubert Humphrey Fellowships, you need to read this article carefully.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program is for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries.
Applying for the program is easy and at the same time free. You don’t have to pay a dime to complete and submit the application form.
Fellows are placed at one of the participating USA universities and they will be able to choose by themselves the university they will attend. However, they are assigned in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
2021/22 Hubert Humphrey Fellowships In USA
The Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. The eligible program fields are listed below.
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
There are approximately 200 fellowships awarded annually and this is the opportunity you should not neglect if you truly want to be a fellow in any USA university.
Eligible Countries For The Program
Citizens of eligible countries in the areas below are eligible:
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Europe and Eurasia
- The Middle East and North Africa
- East Asia and Pacific
- South and Central Asia
- Western Hemisphere.
The Fellowship provides for the following
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance
- A one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events)
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
Applicants must have the following
- An undergraduate (first university) degree,
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States,
- Demonstrated leadership qualities,
- A record of public service in the community, and
- English language ability
How To Apply
To access the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more about applying, please contact the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country by clicking on the link below.
The application deadline is before October 1st, 2021.
Share this information about 2021/22 Hubert Humphrey Fellowships In USA (International Students) on your social media account so that others can know about it.