The 2021 Rhodes Scholarship Application is now open and interested applicants can apply using the guidelines given in this article. The scholarship enables talented young people from anywhere in the world to study for a postgraduate degree at the university of oxford.
Rhodes scholarship supports exceptional young people for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford, and actively fosters lifelong learning and fellowship.
The Rhodes scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. They are looking for future world leaders to tackle pressing problems.
It could be you if you are interested. The scholarship application is simple and free which means you don’t need to pay a dime to apply.
Fully Funded 2021 Rhodes Scholarship Application
There are some things you have to take note of before you can apply for the scholarship program, and they have been outlined below.
The Rhodes Scholarship covers the following;
- All University and college fees
- The university application fee
- A living stipend (£16,218 per annum 2020-21)
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship
- The Rhodes Trust welcomes applications from talented young persons of diverse backgrounds.
- The broad eligibility criteria of the Rhodes scholarship definitive eligibility criteria are listed in the relevant information for candidates document from your country/region.
- The selection of Rhodes Scholars is made without regard to gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, social background, caste, or disability.
Scholarship Eligible Countries
- Australia (9 Scholarships)
- Bermuda (1 Scholarship)
- Canada (11 Scholarships)
- China (4 Scholarships)
- East Africa (1 Scholarship) – Covering Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Burundi
- Germany (2 Scholarships)
- Hong Kong Sar (2 Scholarship)
- India (5 Scholarships)
- Israel (2 Scholarships)
- Jamaica & The Commonwealth Caribbean (2 Scholarships) – Covering Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Montserrat, Anguilla, The Turks, and Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands, and the British Virgin Islands
- Kenya (2 Scholarships)
- Malaysia (1 Scholarship)
- New Zealand (3 Scholarships)
- Pakistan (1 Scholarship)
- Saudi Arabia (Up to 2 Scholarships)
- Singapore (1 Scholarship)
- Southern Africa (10 Scholarships) – Covering South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and eSwatini
- Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine (2 Scholarships)
- United Arab Emirates (2 Scholarships)
- United States (32 Scholarships)
- West Africa (1 Scholarship) – Covering Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the Island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome, and Principe, and Togo
- Zambia (2 Scholarships)
- Zimbabwe (2 Scholarships)
Rhodes selection committees are looking for young people who are outstanding in intelligence, Character, Leadership, and commitment to service.
How To Apply
To apply for the scholarship program, simply follow the steps given below;
- Visit the scholarship application portal
- Click on “Apply Now” at the top right side of the page
- Select your country and you will see the full details you can read and apply for the scholarship program.
The closing date varies by country. When you take the application steps given above, then you will see the date for your country.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions about this Fully Funded 2021 Rhodes Scholarship Application, feel free to use the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.