This 2021 DAAD scholarship gives you the opportunity to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and obtain a university qualification. Read here to learn more and the easy steps to take in applying for free.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years of professional experience this greater opportunity you should not miss for anything.
The scholarship is hosted by the German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses. The level/fields of study are for Masters or Ph.D. courses in the following areas.
- Economic Sciences
- Business Administration
- Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Education and Law
- Media Studies
2021 DAAD Scholarship
The number of scholarships is limited and you should grab this opportunity now that the portal is still open. The scholarship is targeting graduates with at least two years of professional experience from developing countries and developing territories
- The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for Ph.D.
To be eligible for the scholarship application, you must meet the following criteria.
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic, or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)
How To Apply
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure. See steps below
- Click on the Scholarship Application Portal
- DAAD application form can be found under the “Application Procedure” link. Simply click on it and follow onscreen instructions to apply.
The deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2021.
Share this 2021 DAAD Scholarship on your social media account so that others can know about it. If you have any questions, feel free to use the comment box below.