The objective of the Canada Graduate Scholarship program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies. In this article, you will learn more about the scholarship program and how to apply for free
Canada Graduate Scholarship
The CGS M program provides financial support to high-caliber scholars who are engaged in eligible master’s or, in some cases, doctoral programs in Canada.
This support allows these scholars to fully concentrate on their studies in their chosen fields.
The Canada Graduate Scholarship Master’s program supports up to 3,000 students annually in all disciplines and is administered jointly by Canada’s three granting agencies: CIHR, NSERC, and SSHRC.
READ THIS: University Of Oxford – Fully Funded 2021 Rhodes Scholarship Application
To be eligible to apply, you must;
1. Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, as of the application deadline date
2. Be enrolled in, have applied for, or will apply for full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at the master’s or doctoral level at a Canadian institution with a master’s scholarship allocation
3. Respect the internal deadline to apply for admission for your intended program of study—contact the faculty of graduate studies (or its equivalent) at the selected Canadian institution(s) for more detailed information
4. Have completed, as of December 31 of the year of application either between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in the program for which you are requesting funding, which may be one of the following:
- A master’s program
- A doctoral program that you are entering without having ever been enrolled in a master’s program (that is, direct-entry)
- A combined master’s-doctoral program
- A master’s program that will transition to an eligible doctoral program, either before or after award activation, with no master’s degree conferred (that is, fast-track)
- A master’s program for which the degree requirements will be completed before the end of the award, allowing the award to continue into an eligible doctoral program
- Or between four and 12 months of full-time study (or full-time equivalent) in an eligible master’s program for which the degree requirements will be completed before activation of the award, allowing it to be activated during the first 12 months of the subsequent doctoral program for which you are requesting funding
- Not have previously held a CGS M
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by the host institution, in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent)
- Submit a maximum of one scholarship application per academic year to either CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC
Master’s Program Application
Applicants must ensure that they are submitting their application to an institution that has an allocation for the field of research they intend to pursue. Applications deemed by a host institution to have been labeled incorrectly will be re-labeled according to the agency’s research subject matter guidelines.
To Apply, carefully adhere to the instructions given below.
- Visit the Scholarship Application Portal
- Read through the method to apply and follow onscreen instructions
Application deadline is on the December 1, before 8:00 p.m. (ET). Complete applications must be submitted by the deadline using the research portal. If the deadline falls on a weekend, applications must be submitted by the following business day before 8:00 p.m. (ET)
If you have any questions about this Canada Graduate Scholarship – Master’s Program Application, feel free to use the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.
One thought on “Canada Graduate Scholarship – Master’s Program Application”
How can going to Canada with my family