Have you ever dreamt of studying in Canada but do not know how to go about applying for a visa permit study? if yes, then you are at the right place. Here you will learn everything you need to know about Canada study visa application online and also every necessary entry requirement that follows it.
Before you can think of traveling out of your country to another country (abroad) then the first thing for you to bear in mind is applying and having a VISA. Without a Visa, it is hard to move to another country for the purpose of doing anything and in this case, studying there.
Canada is a lovely place to be and trust me when I say it is also attractive to students. It is a highly developed country with a great teaching methodology and valuable degrees.
That is the more reason a lot of people want to start their undergraduate or graduate programs there. To be able to do this, the students must have a study visa and study permit. Once that is achieved, then you are good to go.
Canada Study Visa
A study visa allows the person who has it to start their studies in Canada. The visa for students is basically the same as a Canada Visitor Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTa), but the student also needs a study permit. So the Canadian student visa is a combination of either a visitor visa and a study permit or an eTA and a study permit.
It will only allow you to start your studies in Canada at what are called Designated Learning Institutions (DLI). The study permit allows you to stay in Canada until your program ends and in some cases work while you are enrolled in school or work after you graduate.
Important Entry Requirements For Study Permit In Canada
Here is a list of the necessary entry requirements you will need to obtain a study permit in Canada;
- An original passport or travel document
- Two passport size photographs (recent)
- The original acceptance letter from the university you want to apply for a visa for
- A cover letter
- Medical examinations
- The proof of study permit payment
- The proof of financial support (to aid your studies in Canada which consist of the tuition and living expenses)
- Health status report or certificate
- A hotel reservation
- A flight reservation
- The academic certificate
- Language proficiency results (language tests include; IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge English: Advanced)
Also, students studying in Quebec must also apply for an acceptance certificate known as a CAQ from the government of Quebec. They can get it online through a form printed bout or through a paper form certificate from the university they want to go to.
Once you have gotten all these necessary documents for the entry requirements needed to study in Canadian universities, then are free to go ahead and apply for the visa.
Normally, you should apply for a study permit before you go to Canada but some people can still apply for a study permit from within Canada. While in other cases, you can apply as you arrive in Canada at the entry port. So, just make sure to know which of these options is good for you.
Canada Study Visa Application
Here are four easy steps to take in applying for a visa to study in any university in Canada;
- Firstly, you have to fill in the required Visa details and Get a Quote.
- Then you have to make payment online using your debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Submission of necessary documents you need for the destinations you selected online or at the branch in your locality.
- Get Visa; After going through the steps mentioned earlier, you will be updated on your visa status and get your visa when it is ready.
To get started, simply adhere to the instructions below;
- Go to the Canada Visa Application page.
- Navigate down and click on “Register”.
- Create your account by entering the required details.
- Sign in with your registered information and you will be taken to the visa application form where you have to fill in the details required to complete your application.
The instructions that will be given to you by the visa office can vary depending on your location. Another thing you should have in mind is that anytime you find yourself confused above anything that you feel you need to know, do not hesitate to get assistance from the visa application center close to you.
Can I Work In Canada After Completing My Study?
A lot of people who want to study in Canada do ask this question. And to answer that, simply read on.
When you have a student visa, then it is easier to get a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), the length of which depends on the length of your study program:
- If your study program was less than 8 months, you are not eligible for a PGWP;
- If your study program was between 8 months and 2 years, you can get a PGWP for the same length as your study program;
- If your study program was two or more years, you can get a PGWP that is valid for 3 years;
- If you were enrolled and completed more than one study program, you can get a PGWP for up to 3 years.
I guess the points above answer the question.
Once you must have followed these steps and gotten the necessary entry requirements mentioned above, then there is no doubt that you will successfully apply for the visa to study in Canada without any problems.
If you found this article helpful, you can leave a comment below. Also, share this Canada Study Visa Application online article on your social media account so that others can know about it.