Do you know it is possible to Apply for A work and study in USA at the same time under Visa Sponsorship? Here, is an opportunity for you to study your dream course and at the same time foot some of your bills while in the United states.
The J1 visa program is designed by the American embassy to support international students who wish to study in US. Not only that, the embassy knows that there are always financial challenges while studying in US. So, the work and study program was implemented.
The j1 visa is also known as the Exchange Visitor (J) non-immigrant visa category for secondary school students, University students, Interns, teachers, scholars on research, Physicians e.t.c. So, there is enough room to accommodate everybody at every stage of career in this form of visa.
Also, another beauty of the J1 visa as designed by the embassy is the visa sponsorship.
What is work and study program in USA?
As the name suggests, a work and study program is an opportunity to allow those who do not have a sufficient financial support to be working while doing their study in USA.
Fortunately, the J1 visa among other few types of Visa allows the work and study program in USA.
This work and study program is designed in a way that will allow a minimum rate of distraction to the student while in school. Meanwhile, the Full Application process is below:
4 ways To Apply For A Work And Study Visa In USA
There are four (4) legit ways you can be allowed to work while on the J1 type of Visa to study in USA. They are;
- On-campus work
- Off-campus work
- Curricular practical training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
As I said earlier, the work and study program is just a way of assisting a student who need a financial help to further his/her education.
The school environment of study is a big entity of its own. Therefore, there are skills you may have or offices that will require your assistance. The on-campus work allows you to work part time in the institution you are studying maybe as a librarian, store keeper e.t.c.
However, the maximum hours you can spend on your part time job should not exceed 20 hours weekly. But, you are allowed to work full time on vacations or holidays. This is a way to make sure students are not carried away with work while in school.
As a student, you can be permitted to work outside the institution you are studying. But, it is on special occasions such as an emergent or economic hardship. Such hardship may include, loss of financial aid to sustain the student , accumulation of a large medical bill, the decrease in value of the student’s indigenous currency that may affect his/her financial status e.t.c.
Therefore, to apply for this type of work, you must have a permission from the appropriate school authority. Also, the you cannot work off-campus if you have not completed a minimum of one year uninterrupted academic session. The cumulative working house is same with on-campus work per week.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
As mentioned earlier, the J1 visa program is designed for people in wide areas of study. Some are interns, Physicians, Pharmacists, scholars e.t.c.
Therefore, this special fields may require a special training in the curriculum. This type of job is to make sure the student work in his field as a trainee while still getting paid. There is no time limit for the allowable working hours. But, you must complete a one full academic session to enroll for this type of work unless stated otherwise by your profession.
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
The Optional Practical Training is same thing with the CPT. The difference is that the training is optional. Nevertheless, the training must be related to your field of study and has to be approved by your school authority for you to start.
The OPT program has a maximum of 12 months to be granted by the school. However, through the STEM OPT extension, it can be extended for an additional 24 months.
American Visa Lottery Application – Apply for a Green Visa
Today, the Best way one can Secure a free Visa to Do any of the below:
- Study in another Country like America
- Work In another Country like USA
- Become a Citizen of another Country like USA, Canada, UK, Germany, etc.
Is simply by Apply for a Visa Lottery Program called Green Card which is still open for this Year and you can Apply Now:
The United state of American is so called the World Power have made very Great Opportunities obtainable for Citizens of other countries like Africa, Asia, Malaysia, Germany, and other countries that is not US to Apply for a Free Green Card in other to live, Study or Work in the United state of America.
Eligibility for application
For you to participate in this type of visa. There are basic requirements for application you must meet. Such as: However, Applicants will not receive notification letters by mail, email or phone. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to check this website for notification of lottery selection. .
- The student must be a foreign student who is currently pursuing a degree program in his country
Or who have graduated not more than 12 months prior to their exchange visitor program start date.
- A Transcript certificate for graduates
- Certificate from institution attended (if a graduate)
- Certificate of English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, CPE etc.)
- A designated sponsor that is ready to enroll you in their program
- Program fees as stipulated by your sponsor
- SEVIS I-901 fees and visa fees
- Medical insurance ( this may be given to you by your sponsor)
How to gain instant Approval online:
Just as we have the full guide on the best steps you need to make a secure and successful registration of any kind be it online of online, the below are list of factors/things you have to keep in place to ensure full and merited approval on your Application.
- Make use of single profile
- Read the instructions carefully
- Ask questions on any were you are confuse
- make use of your legal details
- Double Check your Application before Submission
- capitalize your details if on the instructions
- Join the free email subscribers
- Follow up the promo and notifications
- Check out your email for more instructions
- Chat up the main portal for clarifications
Available Scholarships for African and International Students:
Get Apply For Scholarship In USA, Australia, Canada, UK, Germany and other developed Countries to study and work as a students abroad. Discover Millions Of Results Here. Powerful and Easy to Use. 100+ Qualitative Results.
Here is what you need – Application Free and Easy online:
- The US Embassy Scholarships 2021/2022.
- Harvard University MBA Scholarship for International Students 2021/2022.
- Fulbright Foreign Scholarship 2021.
- American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarship 2021/2022.
- Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program 2021/2022.
- Humphrey Fellowship Program 2021/2022.
- MMMF Grants for Women of Developing Countries 2021/2022.
- Application is free and easy online and you start your Application on the go … Now, let go back to the
- main bsuieness of the day, The Visa Lottery program to work, study or live abroad under full sponsorship:
American Green Visa Application procedure
Once you reach the Eligibility status as above you can start your Registration with the link You can get More details of How to meet up with the Application process as a guide with this page.
However, Applicants will not receive notification letters by mail, email or phone. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to check this website for notification of lottery selection.
How to apply for work and study visa in USA
If you will want to participate in the work and study in US. Here are the steps to follow to apply for J1 visa sponsorship to work in USA. Apply now!!!
Step 1: Get a sponsor
The J1 visa is designed in a way that it is only an authorized sponsor that can issue out the Form DS-2021. It is the sponsor that has the right to screen and select the student of their choice into the program based on their criteria for choosing.
The first step to get the work and study visa is to first try to get a sponsor who will guide through the whole process of getting the visa and travelling.
Step 2: Fill and submit the necessary forms
The most important form to fill when applying for this visa is the DS-2019 form which is to be given to you by your program sponsor.
The DS-2021 form has the information with regards to your type of program, you sponsor information and your own personal details. This form is also given to any other dependent who wish to follow you to US such as your spouse or child.
Note: It is your DS-2021 form that goes to the American Embassy for interview invitation.
Step 3: Pay the necessary fees
After filling and submitting the DS-2021 form. It is required that you pay a SEVIS I-901 fee to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Also, There is an additional fee of $160 dollars or as required by the State Department Services for a non immigrant application fee.
However, some of these bills are taken care of by your program sponsor. Therefore, always verify and get your receipts from your sponsor before going for your interview at the U.S embassy.
Step 4: Prepare interview with the U.S Embassy or consulate
With regards to Visa interview preparation, the applicant have to get these documents handy.
- One (1) 2×2 photograph
- DS 2021, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status
- A Training/Internship Placement Plan, Form DS-7002
- Online Non immigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160
- A valid passport for travel to the U.S
- Result showing your English proficiency test
However, you may be required to present other additional documents by the embassy. The important thing is that you get ready for the interview in all ramifications.
Such as, save the date for the appointment, be there on time, avoid distractions when on interview and also show the embassy a proof that you are not trying to run away from your country.
3 Institutions in North America Offering work study Courses
Below here in this section, we shall be showing you the list of the 3 higher institutions in North America offering work study courses for all Africa and international students.
1. York University – York is a leading international teaching and research university and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, students are prepared for their long-term career and personal success.
2. University Of Alaska Anchorage – Alaska Anchorage is also one of the leading African and international for studying and work also doing well in research.
3. University Of Georgia – Georgia also Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, students are prepared for their long-term career and personal success.
Note: travelling from your country to work and study in USA is feasible and is obtainable through the J1 visa. Nevertheless, you must follow the steps above to get the best of the results.
- To be eligible for CPT employment:
- You must have been enrolled in school full-time for one year on valid F1 status (except for graduate
- students where the program requires immediate CPT)
- The CPT employment must be an integral part of your degree program or requirement for a course for which you receive academic credit.
Just as you should be aware; this guide provided here is open for you to ask questions in any way you don’t understand and more to note is that from the instructions down this line, you should make sure you follow the instructions as told for better and easy approval on the go.