Are you a Foreign Scholar or an Artists? Well, there is a scholarship opportunity for you. The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic year are on and you can apply for free. In this article, you are going to read all it is to the scholarship, and how you can apply without stress.
Every year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
The Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or Ph.D. and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree. There are two types of scholarship presently available and you can apply for any of them that you meet the criteria.
Types of scholarship
- The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level.Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology, as well as the four research institutes.Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
Trust me when I say there are lots of benefits waiting for you to grab, and they are listed below;
- Sponsored Research Fund
- Free Airfare Tickets
- Full Tuition Fees Waiver
- Housing Allowance Disbursements
- Sponsorship for Monthly Stipend (CHF 1,920)
- Free Accommodation (CHF 300 housing allowance)
- Paid Health Insurance
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, applicants have to meet up with the following;
- Applicants must provide a letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the research. Without such support, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants must have a research proposal including a timeframe. This is the centerpiece of the application.
- Applicant must devote all required attention to it.
- Applicants must be in command of the necessary language skills required for the research/studies.
- Scholarship holders are expected to move to Switzerland during their grant period.
- Those who have been in Switzerland for more than one year at the beginning of the scholarship in September are not eligible.
- Applicants who have already benefited from a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second scholarship.
To take part in the scholarship program, then you must work on these criteria
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
Documents Required To Apply
- Signed FCS application form (typed and printed) with photos.
- A full CV with a list of academic publications, awards, etc.
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages).
- A complete research proposal (max. 5 pages, signed), using exclusively the FCS research proposal form.
- A copy of the letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the research.
- A short CV of the academic mentor at the home institution.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from two different professors in the applicant’s field (use exclusively the FCS reference form – originals in sealed envelopes only for the 1st set). No copies of 2nd set.
- Photocopies of certificates and grade sheets from previously attended universities/colleges and diplomas with grades, starting with the most recent. If not in English, French, Italian, or German with attested certified translations in English. Do not submit the original certificates.
- Signed medical certificate (use only the FCS health certificate form).
- Two copies of the applicant’s passport (main page with personal data). Dual nationals add copies of both passports. Applicants already in Switzerland during the application procedure add a copy of the residence permit for Switzerland.
To apply for any of the scholarships, simply send the aforementioned documents to your local Swiss country Embassies prior to your country-specific deadlines. Check the country-specific scholarship application and deadline below.
The scholarship application deadline is on the 1st of December, 2021
Share this 2021/22 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Application on your social media accounts so that others can know about it.
One thought on “2021/22 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships Application”
good how to register