Is no more a secrets that Canada government offers over 500,000 international Immigrant to Relocate To Canada With Work Visa of which an availability of job is also part of the Work visa. But then, the big question has always been How Can I get to Relocate To Canada With Work Visa? Now, check below to see how.
The Canadian government in a bid to fill up labour shortages in the country has extended its immigration target to welcome over 1.23million immigrants from 2021 to 2023. So presently in Canada, it is easy to secure a job but like we said earlier, there are some requirements you will need to meet.
To secure a job in Canada, you would have to get a work permit but you should know that a work permit is not a visa to enter Canada as you will still have to get a temporary resident or work visa to help you enter into Canada while the work permit is to help you work in Canada.
How To Relocate To Canada With Work Visa 2022
1. Choose the best work permit for you
The Canadian work permit has two types and so you cannot apply for the two of them at once; you will have to pick one that suits you better. We are going to look at the two work permit and how you can apply for them.
- Open work permit
- Employer-specific work permit
2. Open Work Permit
If you are going for the open work permit, then you will be allowed to work for any employer in Canada without being restricted to a particular work position and also work anywhere in Canada. With the open work permit, you don’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
The LMIA is a document issued by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to employers in Canada to enable them to hire foreign skilled workers to fill up job positions in specific areas. A positive LMIA shows that an employer needs foreigners to fill up labour shortages and that there are no Canadian citizen or permanent resident available to fill up that job position.
There is a work permit you can apply for under the open work permit. It is the Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). Let’s talk briefly on it.
What is a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)?
This permit is for international or foreign students that have completed their tertiary education from a designated learning institution either in or outside Canada. With this permit, you can obtain an open work permit to work for any employer in Canada and the permit depends on the duration of your study program.
If you decided to apply for the Post Graduate Work Permit, you will need to meet some requirements and they are listed below:
- You should not be younger than 18years
- You must have graduated from a public or private post-secondary school in any Canadian province (college, university or technical school)
- You must have completed a study program at a Designated Institution
- You must have studied in Canada as a full-time student for at least 8 months
- You must send the application for your work permit within 90 days of your graduation
- You must have a valid study permit when you are applying for the work permit
Employer-Specific Work Permit
It is also called the closed work permit. This work permit is limited to a specific employer in Canada and they are allowed to hire foreign workers to help fill up shortages in labour. You will certainly need a LMIA to be able to get the employer-specific work visa.
3. Find out if you qualify for a work visa
Immigration to Canada is quite complex but it become easy if you follow the right path and also meet the requirements and meeting the requirements means you qualify to get a work visa.
Let’s see how you can qualify to get a work visa in Canada
- You will need to get a job offer from an employer in Canada for you to qualify for a work permit
- You will have to ask your employer for an LMIA especially if you are applying for an employer-specific work permit and you will submit a copy with your work permit application
- All application must be submitted online through the website of the Canadian Government.
Who else can apply for a work permit?
We want to look at some other persons that can apply for a work permit and they are:
- An international student willing and ready to work for 20hours a week
- A spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program and also an international student
- A dependent family member that has already applied for permanent residence in Canada.
What Makes You Eligible To Live And Work In Canada?
For you to qualify to get a work visa in Canada you will have to meet some requirements and they are:
- You must prove that you have sufficient funds to take care of you and any family member during your stay in Canada.
- You must show that you will leave Canada when your permit expires
- You must have a sound health and take a medical exam
- You must have no criminal record and must not be a danger to the security of Canada
- You must not work for an employer that is marked ineligible as these employers are people that fail to comply with the work conditions in Canada.
Top In-Demand Jobs In Canada?
Let’s look at some of the most in-demand jobs in Canada and their average annual salaries.
|Most In-Demand Jobs in Canada
|Average Annual Salaries
|Human Resources (HR) Manager
|$84,758 – $89,000
|$95,865 – $98,347
|$87,456 – $91,832
|$92,467 – $95,804
|$85,000 – $89,600
|$70,005 – $73,504
|$65,986 – $69,305
|Human Resources and Recruitment Officers
|$62,576 – $65,292
|$59,576 – $62,971
|$44,900 – $47,678
|$42,894 – $45,927
|$45,009 – $48,610
4. Submit your work visa application
You must have decided on the work permit you want to apply for and have also checked if you are eligible and meet the requirements; the next step is to apply and submit your application. The best way to apply for the work permit is to do it online instead of applying through the mail or courier service. Applying online helps you to save time and you won’t have to pay certain fees like the courier fee. Doing it online, you will just have to upload all your documents as part of the requirements for the application @ westgatemigration.com to help you Relocate To Canada With Work Visa 2022.