Sometimes one might be worried about why some posts are continuously appearing on his/her telegram page or you may be tired of the account and want to delete it but don’t know how. In this article, I’m going to take you through the basic steps involved to delete telegram account permanently.
Telegram application is used to send and receive messages online either for business purposes or nonbusiness purposes. Telegram is as simple as other messaging applications that are fast, safe, and secure with friends, family, and loved ones. the most important part of the telegram is that you can create and join a group chat that can contain more than 200,000 people in a group.
However, when you don’t want to use the platform anymore, then deleting your account is easy as A, B, C, and D, all you have to do is to follow the steps given here and you’ll be very good to go.
Most times, there are groups on Telegram you find yourself to which you never added yourself or told anyone to add you. As much as these can be frustrating even when you leave those groups, you still keep seeing yourself in other groups. While for some of us, the notifications now and then drain the battery and more.
You can delete your account and believe me, the Telegram platform is not against that. You know what you want and doing it will make you feel good, and that is why this article will want to help you get it done without the help of any third party.
How To Delete Telegram Account
It is simple and free to delete your account if you no longer want to use the platform. Here, you’ll learn how you can delete your account using an Android device, iPhone, or web browser. Read on
Using Android Device
- Open your Telegram app from your app home screen
- Tap on the hamburger line (3 lines) at the top right side of the page and select “Settings”
- Select “Privacy and Security”
- Navigate down and tap on If Away For (by default, it is set to delete after 6 months if you are not active)
- Then select when you’ll like your account to get deleted
That’s all. After selecting the time frame you want your account to be deleted. Once that time comes (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year), your account will be deleted.
NOTE: After selecting the time frame, make sure not to use the app for that period and it will be deleted successfully.
Using iOS (iPhone) Device
The steps for the Android device can also be employed for the iPhone device. All you have to do is to open your Telegram from your home screen, tap on the hamburger line and select “Privacy and Security”.
Then navigate down and tap on “If Away For”, Select when you’ll like your account to be deleted, and don’t open the app for the time frame and it will be deleted.
Remember, Telegram is a self-destruct app. So if you do not come online at least once within the period you selected, your account will be deleted along with all messages and contacts.
Using A Web Browser
Using a web browser is a quick way to delete your Telegram account permanently and immediately. If you go through the Android or iOS method of deleting your account, you’ll find out that it takes up to a month and more to get rid of your account.
But with the web browser method, you can delete it immediately. See the steps below;
- Go to the Telegram deactivation page from your PC browser or Mobile browser
- Enter the registered phone number of the account your want to delete and click on “Next”
- You’ll be sent a code via the Telegram mobile app. Enter the code in the space provided to sign in to your Telegram account
- Click on “Delete Account” from the Telegram core section
- Select the reason why you want to delete your account and click on Delete My Account
- Select Yes, delete my account and your account will be deleted immediately
It’s as simple as that.
Kindly share this method to Delete Telegram Accounts on your social media accounts so that others can learn from it. Also, use the comment box below for any questions about this article and Matchwithout.com will be here to attend to you.