Are you sad and tired of your Instagram stories disappearing after 24 hours and would have loved to have and keep them for future reference or memory sake? Brighten up! because there is a perfect way to do that. Go through this article to learn how to store and keep Instagram stories permanently by making use of Instagram Highlight.
This feature is one of the best features that Instagram offers its users because it’s like a game-changer and lifesaver as things that are meant to disappear after their time limit, can still be kept permanently without many requirements.
These Highlights are the best tools to beauty, attract and draw attention to people and turn them into your Instagram followers which helps increase your followers on the platform and you know what that means (Money).
It is also an interesting and fascinating tool to display and promote your brand it business if you are using a professional Instagram account. It helps new visitors to your profile page or wall discover more about you or your brand/business and this will make a great impact on you or your brand.
CHECK THIS OUT: How To Create An Instagram Account – Instagram Sign Up On Mobile
The stories added to the highlight feature are a collection of all your stories both old and new that your followers or new visitors can tap and go through any time they feel like. They saw at the front of your profile page in circle icons in a horizontal pattern above your posts and reels.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Instagram Highlights?
There are a lot of benefits that you will derive from making use of the highlight feature and some of these benefits are as follows;
- Saves and keeps your Instagram stories permanently.
- Attracts followers to your Instagram account.
- Promotes your Instagram page.
- Beautifies your wall and make it stand out.
- Helps avoid the clutter of posts on your account.
- Makes it easy for new and old followers to view past stories.
- Tells new visitors a little about who you are or what you do.
- They work as memory savers which you can go through each time to refresh your memory.
There are so many benefits of using Instagram highlights not mentioned here that you will find helpful and enjoyable as time goes on.
Steps To Create Instagram Highlight On Your Profile
Here are simple steps on creating your Instagram highlights on your Instagram profile page without difficulties and stress:
- Tap on the Instagram app installed on your smartphone to open it and get started.
- Tap on your profile picture in a circle at the bottom right-hand side of your screen.
- On your wall, tap the New button with a plus sign (+) to add a picture or video.
- Select the picture or video you want to add to your Instagram highlights and tap Next.
- On the next page, you will be asked to choose a title and edit a cover photo for your highlight.
- Once you have done that, tap “Done” at the top right-hand side and you have created your highlight successfully.
Yes, It’s that simple.
Add Your Instagram Story To Instagram Highlights Directly
If you want to keep and add your Instagram Stories directly to Instagram Highlights without undergoing too many processes, all you have to do is;
- Open your Instagram story by tapping the “Your Story” icon to view your story
- At the bottom right-hand side, tap the highlight icon with a heart shape inside
- At the pop-up rectangular box, choose which highlight icon you would like to add a story
- Once you have selected the highlight icon of your choice, your story will be saved to it automatically.
How To Add Highlight Covers To Instagram Highlights
If you want to make your Highlights more attractive and stand out, the best option is to add a highlight cover to them and you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to your Profile page and tap the highlight you want to add a cover to.
- Tap the More icon at the bottom right-hand side of your screen for options to choose from.
- Then tap Edit Highlight and on the next page, tap Edit Cover.
- Go through the photos of your highlight or your phone gallery and select the photo you want to use.
- Once you have selected the photo you want to use, tap Next at the top right-hand side of your screen.
- On the next page, tap Done at the top right-hand side of your screen, and your highlight cover will be added to your highlight instantly.
The highlight is a wonderful feature of the platform that I believe you’ll enjoy making use of. All you have to do is to follow the steps above and you are good to go.
I believe everything mentioned in this article on Instagram Highlight was very helpful, if you also found them helpful, leave a comment below and drop a question if you have any.