Are you a newbie to Instagram and does not know how to add pictures and videos to your Instagram Story to share with other Instagram users? You do not have to panic because this is the best article for you that will teach you how to do so easily without stress.
Instagram of course is a social media network and platform that is all about sharing pictures and videos using its mobile app. The purpose of this is to interact and connect with other users through content if they choose to like your post or story and comment on it.
On the mobile app, you can get your followers to stay updated on everything you do and share with them. You can also follow your favorite celebrities, family, and friends to know what is going on with them by checking their posts and stories and also communicating with them via direct message (DM).
With this same Instagram app, you follow different brands, talk shows, live videos, movie, and music production companies of your choice, tutorials, and the likes of them through their Instagram profile page or Instagram stories and know their updates.
THIS MIGHT INTEREST YOU: Facebook Avatar Cartoon Creator – FB Avatar Set Up Profile
Most of the time, the only way people can view your Story is when they are your followers on the platform. If they set notifications about your Instagram page to receive notifications each time you add something to your story they will always be notified/alerted.
Interesting Features of Instagram Stories
These features have their own features under them which makes creating stories on the mobile app fun and interesting and a few of its features include;
- Close friends list
- Create mode
With your Instagram stories, you can reach as many people as possible. Why do I say so? Many people do not have time to visit your profile page to check your latest updates always.
Many of them prefer viewing your Instagram stories which appear at the top of the Instagram mobile app wall by just tapping it and see your latest or recent updates about yourself or your brand.
The recent pictures and videos posted on the Instagram app by its users on their stories are usually denoted by a gradient circle around their profile picture which you can just tap and see.
How To Add Instagram Story
Adding pictures and videos or even just write-ups with music does not take much time and energy to do so. It is also so much fun doing so as you get to share your content with various people and brands.
If you want to update your Instagram stories on the platform, just follow the steps given below;
- First of all, on your mobile smartphone, tap the Instagram app installed in your phone to open it.
- Then at the top right-hand side, tap the plus sign + or swipe right (this is the quickest way to locate the story icon).
- Tap the circle button at the middle down (in white color) to take a picture directly and hold if you want to record a video. You can also swipe up or tap the photo icon at the bottom left-hand side to select pictures from your phone’s gallery.
- Once you have chosen the picture or video you want to add, you can decide to edit it if you wish to by making use of the editing tools at the top of your screen.
- Once you have finished editing (if you did at all), tap the “Send to” arrow button.
- From the pop-up page, tap the blue Share button at the right of the “Your Story” icon to share instantly.
- Tap Done and your picture or video will be added to your story instantly.
Mind you, these Instagram Stories only last up to 24 hours which is a day, and disappear afterward. You can choose to add them to your highlights on your profile page which will stay there permanently unless you delete them i.e if you do not want them to disappear after the time limit.
I hope this article on Instagram Story was helpful? If yes, drop a comment below and a question if you have any in the space provided and we will reply as soon as possible.