DO you want to visit Schengen for a business, Study, Tourism, or more? Well, you’ll need to know the Schengen Visa Requirements and the basic guidelines to go about applying. This is the right article to read as all you’ll need to get started have been listed here.
When applying for a visa to Europe you will have to submit some required documents as part of the Schengen visa application process.
The Schengen States have created a list of the required documents for each purpose of entry into its territory, and these requirements are approximately the same for a stay in each of them.
If you’ve ever had that dream of staying in Schengen for one purpose or the other, then the opportunity is open for you as you can apply for a Visa with ease.
READ THIS: 2021/22 Canada Visa Application Form – Apply For Canada Visa
Schengen Visa Types
Below are the types of Visa you can apply for;
- Transit visa
- Tourism visa
- Visa for Visiting Family or Friends
- Business visa
- Visa for Culture and Sport activities
- Visa for Official Visits
- Study visa
- Visa for Medical Reasons
Schengen Visa Requirements 2021
The following list of documents are required for any short-term Schengen visa application:
- Visa application form that is fully completed and signed.
- Two recently taken photos must be attached. Both photos must be taken within the last three months, according to the visa photo requirements.
- A valid passport: Not older than 10 years and it should valid for at least three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the Schengen area. Older passports with visas on them (if you have any).
- Round trip reservation or itinerary: It must include dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area. You can use the visa consultation services like this one. These guys can handle most of your visa requirements such as flight itineraries, hotel reservations along with free consultation over email.
- Travel insurance policy: A document that proves you have travel health insurance for the whole Schengen territory, with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros in case of any medical emergency as illnesses, accidents, and even repatriation in case of death.
- Proof of accommodation: A document that shows where you will be accommodated throughout your stay in Schengen. This can be one of the following:
- A hotel/hostel booking.
- A rental agreement.
- A letter of invitation from a host at whose house you will be staying.
- Proof of financial means. Evidence that you have enough money to support yourself financially throughout your stay in the Schengen. This can be one of the following:
Bank account statement – that shows you have enough money in your account for the trip. The statement shall be no older than 3 months.
- Sponsorship Letter – by another person that confirms they will be financially supporting your trip to the Schengen. In order for this letter to be valid, it must be accompanied by a bank statement of the sponsor, no older than three months.
- A combination of your bank account statement and a letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of paid visa fee: €80 for adults and €45 for children from 6 to 12 years old.
Along with the aforementioned generally required documents, Schengen embassies around the world require some specific documents from the visa candidates depending on their employment status as well as several additional documents depending upon the type of Schengen visa applied for.
Schengen Visa Application Process
To apply for any Visa of your choice in Schengen, you have to adhere to the processes below.
- Check the Visa type you want
- Find out where you need to apply
- Find out the most suitable time to apply
- Book an appointment
- Download and fill the Visa application form and fill in the required information correctly
- Prepare the required documents and listed earlier in this article
- Attend the Visa interview on the day of your appointment
Likely Questions You’ll Be Asked During The Interview
Below are questions you should be expecting during the interview on the appointed day.
- Which countries in the Schengen, are you planning to visit?
- Do you have any family members or friends living in Europe?
- What is the purpose of your visit?
- Who will pay for your visit?
- Are you married? If yes, what does your spouse do? For how long have you been married?
- Do you have any children? If yes, how old are they, what do they do?
- How long are you going to stay in Europe?
- Where are you going to stay?
- What is your educational qualification?
- Which company do you work for?
If you have any questions on this Schengen Visa Requirements 2021, feel free to relate it with Matchwithout.com by using the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.